History in Motion, the official journal of the Military Vehicle Preservation
Association is published bi-monthly, and contains research articles,
restoration tips, and coverage of happenings within the hobby, both globally
and regionally, written by some of the most recognized and well-respected
luminaries in the military vehicle scene. Full-color imagery places
the reader on the scene of notable events, both past and present.
PHOTO: Peter McNeill, Member #31173
Click HERE to access a HISTORY IN MOTION sample publication online
Click HERE for submission guidelines
HISTORY IN MOTION, a bimonthly magazine with up to the minute information about the Association, the historic military vehicle hobby, museums, and local groups, along wide a wide variety of classified and display advertising.
Are you looking for our back issues of our older publications SUPPLY LINE and ARMY MOTORS? Click here!
Advertising space is available for both Classified and Display ads in the HISTORY IN MOTION publication. To be included in the desired issue, your advertisement and payment must arrive at MVPA Headquarters on or before the deadlines listed below. We accept personal checks, money orders (in U.S. Dollars from U.S.banks), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Paypal.
Phone: (816) 833-MVPA or (800) 365-5798
Fax: (816) 833-5115 (do not fax photos or display ad copy)
Address: MVPA, 3305 Blue Ridge Cutoff, Independence, MO 64055
Classified Advertising Rates
There is a 15-word minimum per classified ad and a limit of one photograph per ad.
· $0.25 per word
· $3.75 minimum
· $12.00 per photograph (limit one per ad)
Classified Ad Instructions
· Submit your classified ad via e-mai (HQ@MVPA.org), fax, or postal service.
· Payment must accompany your ad.
· Include your membership number and contact information with your ad.
· State if the ad is for the “Wanted” or “For Sale” section.
· State the weight class of the vehicle or part when applicable.
· Include your name, address, and phone number in the word count of each ad.
· Do not trim, staple or tape photos that you submit.
· Put your name and member number on the back of the photo.
· Color and Black & White photos are accepted; Polaroid photos are not recommended.
· Send a SASE if you want your photo to be returned.
· Photos can be emailed as a jpg at 300 dpi (minimum).
Display Ad Rates
· Multiple Insertions * 15% Discount: For a “camera ready” ad in 2 or more consecutive issues.
· Prepay for 3 issues and receive a 5% discount.
· Prepay for 6 issues and receive a 10% discount.
Affiliate Group Event Ad Discounts
· Ads placed by active Affiliate Groups are discounted 50%, if their MVPA affiliation is mentioned in the ad.
Display Ad & E-Blast Instructions
· Ads may be submitted by mail or electronically as a jpg, pdf or tif file at a minimum of 300 dpi.
· Payment must accompany your ad.
· Faxed display ad copy is not accepted except for proofing purposes.
· Typesetting services are available; call for pricing.
Click here for printable Display Ad and E-Blast Insertion information.
All advertising in HISTORY IN MOTION is subject to approval by the Military Vehicle Preservation Association, Inc., hereinafter referred to as MVPA. MVPA will not publish any advertisement concerning religious, political or potentially libelous material, or ads for firearms and ammunition. Advertisers whose ads are not published will be notified by mail, unless MVPA intends to publish the ads in the next issue. Non-acceptance notification will not be given by telephone.
Advertisements must be run in the appropriate advertising sections and HISTORY IN MOTION reserves the right to reclassify any advertisement without notice. All advertising copy must be clearly printed or typed and HISTORY IN MOTION will not be responsible for errors caused by unclear or unreadable copies. Failure to publish an advertisement for any reason does not subject MVPA to any liability whatsoever beyond refund of the advertising fee remitted by the advertiser.
Paid advertisers in this magazine are solely responsible and liable for all content and the accuracy or inaccuracy of their advertisement. The publishers of this magazine and the parent organization, the MVPA, are not responsible for content, misrepresentations, or inaccuracies, nor do they warrant the condition or authenticity of any items listed in any paid advertising placed in this publication. Should any readers of this magazine, or potential purchasers of items advertised in this publication, wish to purchase said item, then the purchaser is responsible for examining the item and/or researching the historical authenticity prior to purchase.
MVPA’s liability for any error or omission in the published advertisement will not exceed the cost of the space occupied by the advertisement. Any refund or credit resulting from an error or omission will only be considered within three months of the date of first publication of the advertisement.
If MVPA experiences a returned check from any advertiser, in addition to any other remedy available to MVPA such advertiser forfeits his privilege to pay for future advertisement by personal check. There is also a $20.00 Return Check fee to be paid by the advertiser.
Additional Advertising Provisions
· MVPA shall not be liable for any delay or failure to publish any advertisement due to acts of God, strikes or any other cause beyond the control of MVPA. MVPA shall not be liable to Advertiser or any other person for any consequential, incidental, special or exemplary damages for any reason whatsoever, and Advertiser waives all claims to such damages.
· MVPA reserves the right to edit the content of any advertisement for any reason, including, but not limited to, any slanderous, obscene, profane, vulgar, repulsive or offensive content, or which may, in the opinion of MVPA, be injurious or prejudicial to the interests of the public or to MVPA and/or its affiliates.
· The following may not be included in any advertisement: testimonials that cannot be authenticated by Advertiser; false or unwarranted claims for any product or service; matters that infringe on the rights of others; comments that are disparaging of others; lotteries, contests or drawings; ambiguous statements; appeals for funds.
· This agreement is subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Missouri.
· MVPA will pay no advertising agency or broker commissions for any advertisement.
· CRP – Current Replacement Parts
· MIL – Militaria
· MVS – Military Vehicles
· NOS – New Old Stock Parts
· PNT – Paint
· PUB – Publications
· REPRO – Reproductions
· SERV – Service
· RESTORE – Restorations
· VAC – Vehicle Accessories
· WEAP – Replica Weapons, Accessories
· PTS – Parts
The MVPA’s exclusive publications, ARMY MOTORS and SUPPLY LINE, feature some of the best articles in the hobby. The links below are electronic copies of our most popular articles. Want to see more? Search the ARMY MOTORS index which contains over 3000 articles starting at issue #1. You can also order back issues from SUPPLY LINE at our online store.
Issue #47 – Jimmy’s Ancestry
Issue #61 – Alcan Convoy
Issue #103 – Jeeps In Crates
Issue #114 – Reconn G503
Issue #117 – Tech Talk
Issue #120 – AM Reviews
The MVPA has over 3000 articles in our archives. If you would like to inquire about obtaining a copy of any of these, please email the Issue Number, Page and Title from the list to email@example.com. You can search by issue, category, title, or the author's name or MVPA membership number.